Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Saint Lucia will officially welcome Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan), His Excellency Dr. Lee Ta-Wei on an official visit from January 30 – February 1, 2018.
While in Saint Lucia the Taiwan Foreign Minister will meet with Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Growth, Job Creation, External Affairs and Public Service Honourable Allen Chastanet and the Cabinet of Ministers.
Saint Lucia and Taiwan will also sign an Agreement on Police Cooperation and the Foreign Minister will visit the town of Soufriere.
The delegation also includes Mr. Chou Lin, Director General of Department of Latin American and Caribbean Affairs, MOFA and resident ambassador H.E. Douglas Shen, Ambassador of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucia re-established diplomatic relations with the Republic of China (Taiwan) in 2007. Taiwan’s cooperation with Saint Lucia has spanned a cross-section of areas including agriculture, health, human resource development, community development and empowerment, sports, infrastructure and ICT.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff