Share This On:
(SNO) – Team Saint Lucia is one step away from playing for the Football Goal Soccer League International Cup in Brooklyn, New York, after defeating Guyana 1-0 in the quarterfinals last weekend.
But the 2017 Supporters Cup champions will have a big task ahead of them if they want to get into the title matchip, as they must first defeat Jamaica in the semifinals.
Jamaica thumped Saint Kitts and Nevis 8-1 last weekend, whilst Trinidad and Tobago defeated Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 2-1. Grenada, the Champion of Champions, also advanced.
Hundreds of partisan supporters are expected tp watch the semis this Sunday, August 26th, as Jamaica takes on Saint Lucia in the early (4:00 p.m.) fixture at Old Boys High School.
Over $10,000 in cash and prizes are to be won in this tournament. Saint Lucia took third place in the FGSL Players Cup earlier this month, and lost to Grenada in the Champion of Champions clash.
FGSL is an initiative of Brooklyn Soccer Nations, which was started to highlight a void that existed within the Caribbean soccer community, as organisers sought to bring together talented footballers from the regional diaspora.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM