Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency on Monday embarked on a Business Trade Mission to OECS member states.
The first leg of the mission will target the islands of Antigua and Dominica during this week June 08 – 12.
The purpose of the mission is to raise the awareness of Saint Lucia as a source of world class products, services and technologies.
This mission endeavours to capitalize on and strengthen trade opportunities between member states as outlined in Treaty of Basseterre. To this end objectives of this mission inter alia include:
1. To obtain a comprehensive understanding of trade and export /import procedures in the respective OECS member states.
2. To obtain first-hand information and meet potential business partners and alliances as well as relevant trade officials in Member States
3. To engage and explore business opportunities with potential importers, distributors and
4. To create an avenue to increase/ improve trade export of products and services between
5. To negotiate inter alia joint ventures, partnerships to increase exports Between Dominica and Saint Lucia
Five participating Saint Lucian Exporters represent a range of sectors including: Health and Wellness, Construction, Architecture, light manufacturing and Professional Services/Business Solutions.
TEPA Marketing and Promotion Officer – Gasper George said: “This mission will encourage deeper trade partnerships between the islands which can contribute to improved business. The companies represented by our delegation further demonstrate the range and quality of product /service offerings and our confidence in them meeting the needs and expectations of the end users.”
As a core function, TEPA works with companies to grow export sales. Central to TEPA’s 2015/16 strategy are targeted trade missions and international events which are invaluable in opening doors and making high-level introductions for exporters thereby enabling them to exploit opportunities that exist in global markets.