Share This On:
(SNO) – The Saint Lucia Amateur Swimming Association recently completed another Swimming Coaches Clinic, which forms part of its five year National Development Plan and Grassroots Programme.
Over 30 coaches were certified at different levels.
The week-long FINA Level 1 and the Caribbean Certification Programme concluded this weekend at the Saint Lucia Olympic Committee House in La Clery, facilitated by FINA expert Mr. David Farmer from Barbados.
Mr. Farmer’s involvement in swimming and sport has been quite extensive in the region. From 2008 to the present, he is the Director of the National Olympic Academy of Barbados which is responsible the educational programming for athletes, coaches and all sectors of the sport community. He is also the Regional Program Coordinator of the Caribbean Coaching Certification Program, CCCP.
In 2003-2008, he was the Principal of Westmorland School, Grenada and in 1990 – 2002, the Manager of the Barbados Aquatic Centre and the Technical Director of Swimming for the Barbados Amateur Swimming Association.
This clinic gave participants an opportunity to achieve a double certification. Participants ranged from Physical Education & Sport teachers, Swimming Coaches and a few swimmers.
It is hoped that this will signal growth in local swimming, as more schools, in particular, get into the pool.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM