Share This On:
(SNO) – The Saint Lucia Amateur Swimming Association recently completed another Swimming Coaches Clinic, which forms part of its five year National Development Plan and Grassroots Programme.
Over 30 coaches were certified at different levels.
The week-long FINA Level 1 and the Caribbean Certification Programme concluded this weekend at the Saint Lucia Olympic Committee House in La Clery, facilitated by FINA expert Mr. David Farmer from Barbados.
Mr. Farmer’s involvement in swimming and sport has been quite extensive in the region. From 2008 to the present, he is the Director of the National Olympic Academy of Barbados which is responsible the educational programming for athletes, coaches and all sectors of the sport community. He is also the Regional Program Coordinator of the Caribbean Coaching Certification Program, CCCP.
In 2003-2008, he was the Principal of Westmorland School, Grenada and in 1990 – 2002, the Manager of the Barbados Aquatic Centre and the Technical Director of Swimming for the Barbados Amateur Swimming Association.
This clinic gave participants an opportunity to achieve a double certification. Participants ranged from Physical Education & Sport teachers, Swimming Coaches and a few swimmers.
It is hoped that this will signal growth in local swimming, as more schools, in particular, get into the pool.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM