Share This On:
Saint Lucia police have confirmed that they have seen the viral video of a man being stoned but are yet to verify the location of the incident.
“We tried finding out about it. We don’t know where that is but it looks local,” a law enforcement official told St. Lucia News Online.
The amateur video, which is one minute and 46 seconds long, has been shared many times on Facebook and Whatsapp.
It shows a shirtless young man arming himself with a large rock then breaking it into smaller pieces. He proceeds to stone another man, whom persons claim in social media posts to be a senior citizen.
The victim collapses on the road after being hit in the back of the head. He lays motionless and bleeding. Seconds later someone tries to pull him up in a bid to revive him.
The man regains consciousness for a short while before laying back down on the road.
During the ordeal, a man wearing a blue shirt and a cap appears to try and make peace.
Persons on social media are calling on the authorities, if the incident is found to be local, to arrest the person recording the video along with the perpetrator.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM