Share This On:
(SNO) -Saint Lucia won its third match on the trot on Monday evening at the 2018 Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB)/Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Under-23 Netball Tournament in St. Kitts and Nevis at Basseterre’s Pam Tyson Netball Stadium.
Saint Lucia thumped Antigua and Barbuda, 42-14, to remain unbeaten.
.Veteran shooter Ianna Hippolyte made 12-16 shots on goal. Teenager Dasha Eugene converted 18-26, and Everlou Linor contributed 10-20, whilst Kamala Mangal struggled, hitting only 2-6.
The Antiguans, meanwhile, were held to a mere 24 attempts on the Saint Lucian goal.
In other games played on Monday night, St Kitts showed zero sisterly love to Nevis, giving them the worst beating they have had so far in this competition, 97-12, whereas St. Vincent and the Grenadines got back to winning ways, beating Dominica 54-25.
Saint Lucia and St. Kitts meet on Wednesday in what is likely to be the title decider. Both teams are unbeaten, Saint Lucia having gotten the better of Dominica (31-14) and Nevis (89-7), St. Kitts having overcome Antigua and Barbuda (53-18) and St. Vincent and the Grenadines (36-32).
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM