Share This On:
(SNO) -Saint Lucia won its third match on the trot on Monday evening at the 2018 Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB)/Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Under-23 Netball Tournament in St. Kitts and Nevis at Basseterre’s Pam Tyson Netball Stadium.
Saint Lucia thumped Antigua and Barbuda, 42-14, to remain unbeaten.
.Veteran shooter Ianna Hippolyte made 12-16 shots on goal. Teenager Dasha Eugene converted 18-26, and Everlou Linor contributed 10-20, whilst Kamala Mangal struggled, hitting only 2-6.
The Antiguans, meanwhile, were held to a mere 24 attempts on the Saint Lucian goal.
In other games played on Monday night, St Kitts showed zero sisterly love to Nevis, giving them the worst beating they have had so far in this competition, 97-12, whereas St. Vincent and the Grenadines got back to winning ways, beating Dominica 54-25.
Saint Lucia and St. Kitts meet on Wednesday in what is likely to be the title decider. Both teams are unbeaten, Saint Lucia having gotten the better of Dominica (31-14) and Nevis (89-7), St. Kitts having overcome Antigua and Barbuda (53-18) and St. Vincent and the Grenadines (36-32).
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools
- Vieux Fort couple caught with firearm and ammunition