Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Fresh off its coronation as the 2018 World’s Leading Honeymoon Destination, Saint Lucia has been nominated for four new tourism industry awards.
In the 26th annual World Travel Awards (WTA), the destination will vie for the titles of:
– Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2019
– Caribbean’s Leading Destination 2019
– Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination 2019 and
– Caribbean’s Leading Luxury Island Destination 2019
Saint Lucia has won the Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination honour nine times since the WTA began recognising the top honeymoon hotspots in the Caribbean region in 2009. However, the destination has never won in any of the other categories in which it has been nominated.
Voting for the WTA Caribbean & North America regional awards opened on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 and will close on Thursday, January 10, 2019. Both travel professionals and consumers are eligible to vote for each award category.
The winner in each category will be invited to attend the World Travel Awards Caribbean & North American Gala Ceremony scheduled for January 28, 2019 at Sandals Montego Bay in Jamaica. That event will take place on the eve of the 37th Caribbean Travel Marketplace, which will be held at the Montego Bay Convention Centre from January 29 – 31, 2019.
The WTA is recognised globally as the pinnacle of excellence in the travel and tourism industry and the winners represent the very best in their respective tourism focusses.
Anyone can vote by clicking on the following link WTA Caribbean Awards 2019 and registering on the WTA website.
The full list of nominations is available at 2019 World Travel Award Nominees with nominees listed in alphabetical order within each award.
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM