Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – At the 2020 Jazz Congress conference held at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City on January 13, Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and Jazz at Lincoln Center announced the official dates and artist lineup for the 2020 Saint Lucia Jazz Festival Produced in Collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center.
The festival, to be held in Saint Lucia on Thursday, May 7 through Saturday, May 9, 2020, follows the success of the inaugural 2019 Saint Lucia Jazz Festival Produced in Collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center which Jazziz magazine called “the Caribbean’s premier jazz destination.”
The 2020 Saint Lucia Jazz Festival Produced in Collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center will feature the finest names in modern jazz performing in venues throughout Saint Lucia’s distinct Caribbean landscape, including The Ramp on Rodney Bay and Gros Islet Park. Details about performances and more can be found at www.stlucia.org.
The three-day festival will feature world renowned artists who have performed on Jazz at Lincoln Center’s season concerts, touring initiatives, and global outposts, as well as throughout Saint Lucia Jazz Festival’s 28-year history.
To date, the diverse lineup showcases artists spanning the Caribbean, the U.K. and the U.S. including:
• Chick Corea’s Vigilette with Carlitos Del Puerto, Marcus Gilmore and Special Guest
• Roy Hargrove Celebration with Willie Jones III featuring Renée Neufville and Special Guests
• Alphonso Horne and The Gotham Kings
• Ruben Fox’s London Brass featuring Theon Cross and Mark Kavuma
• Maher Beauroy presents WASHA!
More performances, details about ticket sales and event information to be announced.
In addition to world-class performances, the 2020 Saint Lucia Jazz Festival will feature “Artists In Education” initiatives including master classes, professional development, and live performance collaborations with Saint Lucia School of Music students and local jazz artists.
“Building upon last year’s successful inaugural year of the partnership with Jazz at Lincoln Center, the 2020 Saint Lucia Jazz Festival is a combination of premier jazz with a picture-perfect destination,” said Hon. Minister of Tourism Dominic Fedee. “Saint Lucia is thrilled to once again bring world-class performances to jazz fans and music aficionados who will travel to Saint Lucia from around the globe.”
Saint Lucia has been hosting a vibrant jazz festival annually since 1992. For more than 28 years, the festival has attracted visitors from around the world for events and concerts celebrating multiple forms of international, Saint Lucian and Caribbean jazz music. For more information, go to www.stlucia.org.
More Entertainment Stories
- Koffee says Grammy win for Best Reggae Album is for Jamaica January 27, 2020
- OECS Music Talk continues in St. Kitts and Nevis January 23, 2020
- The Ark Band – Launch of The Ark of the Covenant January 21, 2020
- Assou Square 2020 hailed a success January 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Fay Ann quits Soca Monarch January 16, 2020
- The Business of Carnival™ YouTube Series announces season 3 launch! January 15, 2020