Share This On:
(SNO) — National Security and Home Affairs Minister, Hermangild Francis, has expressed surprise that he was not consulted in a dispute between firefighters and government over wage negotiations and other matters affecting the fire service.
The fire service falls under Francis’ portfolio and firefighters have taken industrial action.
He said at a press briefing he has a good relationship with the firefighters.
“If I were to give a price last year for the department of the year, I would have given it to the fire service,” he said. “That’s how intimate I am with them. I was supposed to be your line minister and you not even telling me.”
However, Francis said he has no problem over the issue.
“No, no, no, I don’t have an issue,” he stated. “I am just saying that I am just surprised that I was not kept in the loop, that’s all.”
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM