Share This On:
(GIS) — The government of the Republic of Korea donated US$120,000 in the form of a grant to the Saint Lucia Fire Service.
The grant forms part of the budget of the Korea International Development Cooperation Fund for 2019.
Ambassador-Designate of the Republic of Korea to Saint Lucia, His Excellency Sung Moonup, said the donation will enhance the capacity of the Fire Service in its national disaster response in Saint Lucia.
The handing over ceremony took place on Sep. 25 at the Department of External Affairs.
Chief Fire Officer Joseph Joseph expressed gratitude to the government of Korea for their contribution.
The governments of Saint Lucia and the Republic of Korea recently commemorated 40 years of diplomatic relations.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM