Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia have been drawn in Group D of the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying tournament, and will come up against Antigua and Barbuda, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.
This is the Caribbean phase of qualifiers from which the leading teams from four groups will advance to the Concacaf Final Round following which the top two nations will qualify for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan.
Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti and Antigua and Barbuda were pre-seeded into positions A1, B1, C1, and D1 respectably, as the four top Caribbean teams on the FIFA- Coca Cola Ranking for the draw which took place yesterday morning.
The competition will be played in a group-stage phase for the Caribbean. Two teams from the Caribbean will qualify to the Men’s Olympic Qualifier final round.The preliminary round of the Men’s Olympic Qualifier will take place in four venues in the Caribbean, July 17-21, 2019.
For the Caribbean, the Qualifying Group Phase will be staged in four host countries. It will consist of four groups of four teams. The four winners of each group will advance to a final play-in matches and the winners of the two play-in matches will qualify to the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying final stage.
The 2019 Championship will be the 15th edition of the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament, the quadrennial international age-restricted football tournament organised by Concacaf to determine which men’s under-23 national teams from the North, Central American and Caribbean region qualify for the Olympic football tournament.
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM
- Reela wins 3rd leg of Community 7s rugby tournament in Desruisseaux October 21, 2019 2:59 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM