Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia have been drawn in Group D of the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying tournament, and will come up against Antigua and Barbuda, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.
This is the Caribbean phase of qualifiers from which the leading teams from four groups will advance to the Concacaf Final Round following which the top two nations will qualify for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan.
Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Haiti and Antigua and Barbuda were pre-seeded into positions A1, B1, C1, and D1 respectably, as the four top Caribbean teams on the FIFA- Coca Cola Ranking for the draw which took place yesterday morning.
The competition will be played in a group-stage phase for the Caribbean. Two teams from the Caribbean will qualify to the Men’s Olympic Qualifier final round.The preliminary round of the Men’s Olympic Qualifier will take place in four venues in the Caribbean, July 17-21, 2019.
For the Caribbean, the Qualifying Group Phase will be staged in four host countries. It will consist of four groups of four teams. The four winners of each group will advance to a final play-in matches and the winners of the two play-in matches will qualify to the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying final stage.
The 2019 Championship will be the 15th edition of the Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament, the quadrennial international age-restricted football tournament organised by Concacaf to determine which men’s under-23 national teams from the North, Central American and Caribbean region qualify for the Olympic football tournament.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools