Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Diabetes and Hypertension Association (SLDHA) will observe World Hypertension Day on May 17.
As a result, the association has planned a series of activities to sensitize the general public on the ravaging effect of this silent killer.
A sensitization fair will be held at the Castries Town Hall on May 17, to commemorate World Hypertension Day. The emphasis on the day will be on the benefits of drinking water, healthy eating, and living healthy lifestyles.
On May 31, the SLDHA will host a health screening and sensitization event in Vieux Fort, at Massy Stores in La Tourney and Massy Stores on New Dock Road. The association is working in partnership with medical doctors, pharmacists, nutritionists and diabetes educators, to ensure the success of the event.
The month of May as been designated Hypertension Month by the World Hypertension League (WDL). The theme is “Know Your Numbers.”
More Health Stories
- Best practices for infection February 28, 2020
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020
- Coronavirus update from Ministry of Health February 24, 2020
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020
- Birth of triplets at Victoria Hospital February 20, 2020
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020
- Saint Lucia continues to strengthen vigilance February 18, 2020