Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Saint Lucia has won the award for the ‘Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination’ at the 25th annual World Travel Awards.
The award ceremony, which celebrates some of the finest travel brands in the Caribbean and North America, took place at Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica on September 23, 2018.
This is the ninth time the island’s has won the award in ten years and the win represents Saint Lucia’s fifth consecutive title as ‘Caribbean Leading Honeymoon destination. Saint Lucia is also a nine-time winner of the ‘World Leading Honeymoon Destination’.
“Romance has helped to establish the Saint Lucia brand and continues to be a significant niche market for the destination. This award is a result of the hard work of all our tourism stakeholders and truly is an award for the people of Saint Lucia,” stated Tiffany Howard – Chief Marketing Officer and acting CEO of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority.
The Destination is also nominated for ‘World Leading Honeymoon Destination 2018’. The grand finale gala awards event, which acknowledges first class excellence of travel brands from across the world, takes place on December 1, 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff