Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Saint Lucia has won the award for the ‘Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination’ at the 25th annual World Travel Awards.
The award ceremony, which celebrates some of the finest travel brands in the Caribbean and North America, took place at Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica on September 23, 2018.
This is the ninth time the island’s has won the award in ten years and the win represents Saint Lucia’s fifth consecutive title as ‘Caribbean Leading Honeymoon destination. Saint Lucia is also a nine-time winner of the ‘World Leading Honeymoon Destination’.
“Romance has helped to establish the Saint Lucia brand and continues to be a significant niche market for the destination. This award is a result of the hard work of all our tourism stakeholders and truly is an award for the people of Saint Lucia,” stated Tiffany Howard – Chief Marketing Officer and acting CEO of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority.
The Destination is also nominated for ‘World Leading Honeymoon Destination 2018’. The grand finale gala awards event, which acknowledges first class excellence of travel brands from across the world, takes place on December 1, 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM