Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia are poised to take the the 2018 Eastern Caribbean Volleyball Association (ECVA) Under-20 Zonal Women’s Championship title, after sweeping the preliminaries. The tournament is taking place at the Earl Merkman Sports Hall on the Dutch island of Sint Eustatius.
So far, Saint Lucia has gone through Antigua and Barbuda (25-08, 25-16, 26-24), the British Virgin Islands, and the host nation (25-14, 25-22, 25-22) without dropping a set.
Saint Lucia team captain Chenoa Evans, along with coach Joseph Clercent and manager Emmy Vitalis, will be well pleased with their results so far. But both Sint Eustatius and Antigua and Barbuda have pushed the cereulean blue at times, and the Saint Lucians will have to remain on top of their game.
Tenayestlgni Joseph has been one of the leading offensive players for Saint Lucia, and if they are to maintain their unbeaten run and lift the championship trophy, herself and her teammates will have to bring their A game from 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM