Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia are poised to take the the 2018 Eastern Caribbean Volleyball Association (ECVA) Under-20 Zonal Women’s Championship title, after sweeping the preliminaries. The tournament is taking place at the Earl Merkman Sports Hall on the Dutch island of Sint Eustatius.
So far, Saint Lucia has gone through Antigua and Barbuda (25-08, 25-16, 26-24), the British Virgin Islands, and the host nation (25-14, 25-22, 25-22) without dropping a set.
Saint Lucia team captain Chenoa Evans, along with coach Joseph Clercent and manager Emmy Vitalis, will be well pleased with their results so far. But both Sint Eustatius and Antigua and Barbuda have pushed the cereulean blue at times, and the Saint Lucians will have to remain on top of their game.
Tenayestlgni Joseph has been one of the leading offensive players for Saint Lucia, and if they are to maintain their unbeaten run and lift the championship trophy, herself and her teammates will have to bring their A game from 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM