Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia are poised to take the the 2018 Eastern Caribbean Volleyball Association (ECVA) Under-20 Zonal Women’s Championship title, after sweeping the preliminaries. The tournament is taking place at the Earl Merkman Sports Hall on the Dutch island of Sint Eustatius.
So far, Saint Lucia has gone through Antigua and Barbuda (25-08, 25-16, 26-24), the British Virgin Islands, and the host nation (25-14, 25-22, 25-22) without dropping a set.
Saint Lucia team captain Chenoa Evans, along with coach Joseph Clercent and manager Emmy Vitalis, will be well pleased with their results so far. But both Sint Eustatius and Antigua and Barbuda have pushed the cereulean blue at times, and the Saint Lucians will have to remain on top of their game.
Tenayestlgni Joseph has been one of the leading offensive players for Saint Lucia, and if they are to maintain their unbeaten run and lift the championship trophy, herself and her teammates will have to bring their A game from 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM