Share This On:
Canvey Island FC goalkeeper Lamar Johnson has been called up by Saint Lucia for their upcoming Concacaf Nations League home games.
Johnson’s tremendous form for the Gulls so far this season has been rewarded with his first international call up.
He will now be in contention to earn his first caps against Dominican Republic on Saturday, November 16 and Montserrat on Tuesday, November 19.
Both matches will take place at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in Gros Islet, Saint Lucia.
The match against Montserrat could see the 27-year-old Johnson come up against two former Canvey players in Bradley Woods-Garness and Dean Mason, both of whom also earned their first international caps while at Park Lane.
Canvey Island Football Club is a football club based in Canvey Island, Essex, England. They are currently members of the Isthmian League North Division and play at Park Lane.
Johnson made 26 appearances for Canvey in 2018-2019, during which the team compiled 15 wins and four draws. He previously played for Hertford Town, Grays Athletic, Aveley, Chelmsford City, Soham Town Rangers, Tilbury, Romford, Concord Rangers, Thurrock, and Charlton Athletic.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM