Share This On:
Canvey Island FC goalkeeper Lamar Johnson has been called up by Saint Lucia for their upcoming Concacaf Nations League home games.
Johnson’s tremendous form for the Gulls so far this season has been rewarded with his first international call up.
He will now be in contention to earn his first caps against Dominican Republic on Saturday, November 16 and Montserrat on Tuesday, November 19.
Both matches will take place at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in Gros Islet, Saint Lucia.
The match against Montserrat could see the 27-year-old Johnson come up against two former Canvey players in Bradley Woods-Garness and Dean Mason, both of whom also earned their first international caps while at Park Lane.
Canvey Island Football Club is a football club based in Canvey Island, Essex, England. They are currently members of the Isthmian League North Division and play at Park Lane.
Johnson made 26 appearances for Canvey in 2018-2019, during which the team compiled 15 wins and four draws. He previously played for Hertford Town, Grays Athletic, Aveley, Chelmsford City, Soham Town Rangers, Tilbury, Romford, Concord Rangers, Thurrock, and Charlton Athletic.
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM