Share This On:
Canvey Island FC goalkeeper Lamar Johnson has been called up by Saint Lucia for their upcoming Concacaf Nations League home games.
Johnson’s tremendous form for the Gulls so far this season has been rewarded with his first international call up.
He will now be in contention to earn his first caps against Dominican Republic on Saturday, November 16 and Montserrat on Tuesday, November 19.
Both matches will take place at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in Gros Islet, Saint Lucia.
The match against Montserrat could see the 27-year-old Johnson come up against two former Canvey players in Bradley Woods-Garness and Dean Mason, both of whom also earned their first international caps while at Park Lane.
Canvey Island Football Club is a football club based in Canvey Island, Essex, England. They are currently members of the Isthmian League North Division and play at Park Lane.
Johnson made 26 appearances for Canvey in 2018-2019, during which the team compiled 15 wins and four draws. He previously played for Hertford Town, Grays Athletic, Aveley, Chelmsford City, Soham Town Rangers, Tilbury, Romford, Concord Rangers, Thurrock, and Charlton Athletic.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM