Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – As of Sunday March 29, 2020 health authorities in Saint Lucia recorded nine confirmed cases of COVID-19; and as such the Prime Minister has extended the national curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, as well as the partial shutdown to April 14, 2020.
The Management of the Saint Lucia Blind Welfare Association (SLBWA) wishes to inform our members that as part of its COVID-19 response, they will remain closed until further notice or until the all clear is received from the Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet.
The SLBWA especially wishes to advise members to stay at home and to adhere to the safety protocols from the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
“Flatten the curve, stay at home”
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- FirstCaribbean hit by 316 per cent decrease in net income
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’