Share This On:
(SNO) – Rufina Paul is back at the helm of Netball Saint Lucia, having been elected to the presidency of the organisation on Wednesday, September 12, 2018, at its Annual General Meeting.
Immediate past president Liota Charlemagne-Mason, who is also deputy permanent secretary in the Ministry of Youth Developmenbt and Sports, opted not to pursue re-election. She is, however, eligible to sit on the executive committee as Paul’s predecessor.
Paul will lead an all-female exco. Also elected to serve Netball Saint Lucia for the period 2018 to 2020 are Sanya Antoine and Gemma Henry-Lionel as vice presidents, Veronica Rock as secretary, Pauline Eliodore-Matty as treasurer, Rommela Hunt-Prospere as deputy secretary/treasurer, and Matheline Walter as public relations officer.
Acting Director of Sports, Patrick Mathurin, presided over the election proceedings.
Based on matches played up to June 2018, Saint Lucia is presently unranked in world netball, having attained as high a ranking as 12th.
Saint Lucia are defending champions in the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank/Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Under-23 Tournament, and placed second in the Jean Pierre Under-16 Tournament this year.
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM