Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is excited to be associated with the second annual Roots & Soul Music Festival, and the amazing line-up for the event.
The Roots & Soul Festival from August 31 to September 2 follows Carnival on the Soleil Saint Lucia Summer Festival calendar.
This year the festival unveils an expanded line-up headlined by Indie soul breakout artist, Deva Mahal; King of Dancehall, Beenie Man; Romain Virgo; multi-platinum recording hip-hop artiste, Ja Rule; and Grammy award-winner, Ashanti.
“The objective of the Roots & Soul Festival is to infuse as many genres of music into a soulful event. This year’s Roots & Soul Festival appeals to a wide cross-section of people from various regions. The three-day event will feature both indoor and outdoor concerts and will bring together various cultures and melodic expressions offering something for everyone,” said CEO of the Events Company of Saint Lucia, Thomas Leonce.
The Roots & Soul Festival begins on Friday, August 31at the Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa with performances by Saint Lucian reggae artist Werner ’Semi’ Francis, known for his positive and uplifting lyrics, reflected in his 2017 album entitled Love Strong. The night will also feature powerhouse vocalist, US indie soul singer, Deva Mahal fresh off her debut album ‘Run Deep’.
Day two of the festival moves to the historic Pigeon Island National Landmark from 6:00 p.m. with performances by Saint Lucian songstress, Stacey Charles; French Antilles sensation, Krys out of Guadeloupe; Saint Lucia reggae artiste, Taj Weeks; Nigerian Afropop singer and songwriter, Yemi Alade; and the King of Dancehall, Beenie Man.
The final day of the festival on Sunday, September 2 will also be held at the Pigeon Island National Landmark starting at 4:00 p.m.
Day 3 will feature performances by Saint Lucian R&B singer/songwriter Shayne Ross; the US-based reggae band, the Morning Sun & The Essentials, with Saint Lucian lead vocalist, Michel Aubertin; and the smooth sounding lover’s rock of Jamaican vocalist, Romain Virgo.
Bringing an end to the 2018 Roots & Soul Festival will be the incomparable Ja Rule & Grammy award-winning Ashanti out of the US.
For more information on the Roots & Soul Festival, go to http://www.stlucia.org/summerfestival/roots-soul.
- Finally: Micoud residents to get Wellness Centre after 28 years
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- ‘Betty Clarke’ and Nadeige Suffren granted bail in Praslin drug bust case
- Invest Saint Lucia responds to concerns over Anse des Sables
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home
- Saint Lucia to benefit from UK’s £3-million contribution to Caribbean COVID-19 response