Share This On:
(BARBADOS NATION) — According to several international media sources Rihanna is suing her father Ronald Fenty for exploiting the Fenty name.
Media site TMZ claims to have obtained court documents which claims her father, started a talent development company in 2017 called Fenty Entertainment.
However Rihanna has already trademarked “Fenty” for a number of business ventures, including her well-known Fenty Beauty line. She claims he’s profiting off the reputation she’s created with Fenty.
The England’s Daily Mail also reported Despite having no authority to act on his daughter’s behalf, Ronald is said to have booked her on a $15million tour in Latin America and two concerts, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for $400,000.
Rihanna has asked for damages from her father, and an injunction on his business, set up in 2017.
A Page Six Report claims, the superstar said her dad claims he got approval from her label, Roc Nation, before booking, but that the singer argues that no one from Roc Nation knew about the endeavors.
While Rihanna is taking legal action against her father, the two remain in contact.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM