Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Rodney Heights Aquatic Centre (RHAC) will once again host its 17th Annual International Club Invitational Swim Meet on March 31st – April 3rd at the Aquatic Centre in Rodney Bay. The Saint Lucia Amateur Swimming Association (SLASA), in accordance with the rules of the international governing body, FINA, has sanctioned this event.
RHAC is pleased to be the host of this premier developmental meet in the region that has been a steady pull for young athletes especially those new to the sport. RHAC prides itself on the swim meet’s motto “Friendship Through Competition”, as this is also a meet for swimmers who are competing for the first time.
The Meet Director, Dr. Diane Worrell is pleased with the number of participating clubs this year as she welcomes 24 clubs from the region. Many new officials will also get their first opportunity to work a swim competition during this event. The public is invited to come out and support swimming in St. Lucia. The meet promises to be exciting with over 271 swimmers competing over the four days of the competition.
The top 8 swimmers in 8 & Under, 10 12 & 13 & Over Age Groups Male and Female 50 freestyle events will also be invited to take part in the Sprint Challenge to win a special prize.
The entry fee for spectators will be $10 EC per session for Adults and $5 EC for Children Under 10. The season pass will be $50 EC, which includes all sessions. Food and drinks will be available on the premises throughout the meet.
ThursdaySession 16:00pm start
FridaySession 28:45am start
FridaySession 36:00pm start
SaturdaySession 48:45am start
SaturdaySession 55:45pm start
SundaySession 68:45am start
Closing Awards Ceremony 30 min following finish of meet.
More Sports Stories
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019
- Much work to be done ahead of World Cup, says Windies coach November 20, 2019
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019
- A decade of support for CFC youth football November 18, 2019
- ARC 2019 officially opens with lively national flag parade November 18, 2019
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019