Share This On:
(SNO) – Results of testing and investigation on a foreign national who was quarantined here in line with protocols established for dealing with the coronavirus will be available by the end of this week.
The Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association said the results will be coming from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA).
“Testing and investigations related to the aforementioned non-national are ongoing and results from CARPHA should be available by the end of the week,” the organization stated on Wednesday.
According to the Department of Health and Wellness, the person arrived in Saint Lucia on Tuesday in a private yacht from a nearby country.
“In keeping with our national response protocols, the individual has been placed on medical quarantine at a public health facility and the necessary assessments are being undertaken,” the department said in a statement late Tuesday.
The Medical Association is also urging vigilance as the virus, which originated in China, continues to spread.
“We urge vigilance and continued care and protection of each other, particularly the youngest among us, the elderly and patients with underlying chronic illnesses who are more susceptible to infection and prone to adverse outcomes. We are a resilient people and we are all in this together. Remaining informed and united will we prevail,” it said.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM