Share This On:
(SNO) – Results of testing and investigation on a foreign national who was quarantined here in line with protocols established for dealing with the coronavirus will be available by the end of this week.
The Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association said the results will be coming from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA).
“Testing and investigations related to the aforementioned non-national are ongoing and results from CARPHA should be available by the end of the week,” the organization stated on Wednesday.
According to the Department of Health and Wellness, the person arrived in Saint Lucia on Tuesday in a private yacht from a nearby country.
“In keeping with our national response protocols, the individual has been placed on medical quarantine at a public health facility and the necessary assessments are being undertaken,” the department said in a statement late Tuesday.
The Medical Association is also urging vigilance as the virus, which originated in China, continues to spread.
“We urge vigilance and continued care and protection of each other, particularly the youngest among us, the elderly and patients with underlying chronic illnesses who are more susceptible to infection and prone to adverse outcomes. We are a resilient people and we are all in this together. Remaining informed and united will we prevail,” it said.
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM