Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Maneuvering over flooded waterways is now a thing of the past for the residents of the Vigie Cacoa community in Vieux Fort who received a newly constructed mini-bridge walkway donated by the Vieux Fort North Constituency Council.
The handing-over ceremony took place on the weekend of April 14, in the Vigie Cacoa community.
Chairperson of the Vieux Fort North Constituency Council, Mrs. Kate Edmee, highlighted the importance of the Council’s role in community development: ”The Council’s role is to improve the people’s lifestyle by providing basic needs. The residents of this community had no proper access to the main road for work, school and in times of an emergency. ”
The mini walkway will provide a secure path for several families who traverse the route on a daily basis.
Local Government Officer in the Department of Local Government, Mrs. Kiesha Atile, commended the Vieux Fort North Constituency Council for the timely donation: “Today I am proud to see that the Vieux Fort North constituency council provided support to the residents of the Vigie Cocoa community by building this access walking bridge. On behalf of the Local Government Department I want to say thanks to the residents for accepting the little that we have to give. We also pledge our support to you the people of the Cacoa community.”
Residents in the community extended special thanks to the donors for the much needed walkway.
The walkway is the Constituency Council’s first project in the Vigie Cocoa community.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM