Share This On:
Residents of areas in and around Marchand have reported hearing gunshots Sunday night.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or death.
Our newsroom received the first report of a shooting at 7:45 p.m., but no additional information was available.
However, at 8 p.m. we received another report of a shooting in the Black Mallet area.
According to the source, her sister was outside when the gunshots rang out.
“She was outside and ran when she heard it. It was quite a few. She heard it was like a drive-by but don’t know if anyone got shot as yet,” the source said.
Marchand has been a hotbed of violence over the past several weeks. At least five people have been shot, including one fatally, in separate incidents.
Police and gunmen reportedly traded shots in Marchand on the night of April 25, but there were no reports of injuries.
“The place is turning into a war zone and I seriously don’t understand why those guys feel it is okay just to shoot for fun. Where are the guns coming from? These guys just tarnish the Marchand area,” a source familiar with the Marchand area told St. Lucia News Online.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM