Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – A wide cross-section of the community, comprising over 100 runners and walkers turned-up on Saturday morning, February 7, 2015, to participate in the Grass Street Youth and Sports Club-organised Kevin “Crouch” Malcolm Memorial 5K.
Participants included Rev. Father Sammy, past principals, past teachers, farmers, visitors, sportsmen and women of the various clubs as well as health enthusiasts and family units.
The event started near the Mon Repos Community Centre and ended on the small Mon Repos Playing Field with music, prize-giving ceremony, health foods and drinks and massages, all contributing towards a very friendly atmosphere to kick off the sporting season.
The route included the “Jab Hill”, La Haut, Knockay Avenue, Highway Gas Station Junction and back to the playing field.
Among the runners, Michael Biscette was first in 17 minutes 35 seconds, followed by Jason Sayers 18.03 and Neville Dupres 18:25 – all of the Road Busters Athletic Club and who we should see in action in the next two weeks or so when the Mon Repos Road Relay takes place.
Linel Mathurin and Jermilla Joseph were the first in the female category.
In a wonderful stroke of extremely good luck Michael Biscette also won the grand raffle prize of an Android tablet.
The organizers would like to thank the following sponsors:
The National Lottery Authority
The Mon Repos Eastern Cooperative Credit Union
One Stop Supermarket
The Hon. Shawn Edwards
The Teachers of VFCSS ( Formerly Campus B )
The Fisheries Complex ( Vieux Fort )
And everyone else who contributed in so many different ways. We are especially grateful for the support from the St. Lucia Police Force.
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Saint Lucia cricket fans may not see SPL action “anytime before September”
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- West Indies, England Test schedule confirmed
- CPL submits proposal to stage tournament in Trinidad
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors