Share This On:
(SNO) – A relatively new Suzuki Vitara was reportedly stolen in the wee hours of Monday, June 18, 2018 from a residence on the Morne, Castries.
A stolen vehicle notice was posted across social media. Unfortunately, there was no luck on the owner’s side.
The remains of the sports utility vehicle (SUV) was discovered on Wednesday afternoon (June 20) by the police in the bushes of Monchy, Gros Islet.
The SUV, which was reportedly purchased brand new in 2016, was scrapped of all it’s main parts – down to the wires.
According to reports, the ‘shell’ of another vehicle was discovered nearby, but the remains of that vehicle appeared to have been there for a longer time.
No one has been arrested.
St. Lucia News Online also received photos of another stolen vehicle – a car – that was discovered with many of its parts missing. No additional information is available on this incident.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM