Share This On:
(SNO) – A relatively new Suzuki Vitara was reportedly stolen in the wee hours of Monday, June 18, 2018 from a residence on the Morne, Castries.
A stolen vehicle notice was posted across social media. Unfortunately, there was no luck on the owner’s side.
The remains of the sports utility vehicle (SUV) was discovered on Wednesday afternoon (June 20) by the police in the bushes of Monchy, Gros Islet.
The SUV, which was reportedly purchased brand new in 2016, was scrapped of all it’s main parts – down to the wires.
According to reports, the ‘shell’ of another vehicle was discovered nearby, but the remains of that vehicle appeared to have been there for a longer time.
No one has been arrested.
St. Lucia News Online also received photos of another stolen vehicle – a car – that was discovered with many of its parts missing. No additional information is available on this incident.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM