Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Ministry of Sustainable Development, Energy, Science and Technology in collaboration with the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) and the High Level Support Mechanism (HLSM) will be hosting a regional meeting for climate change negotiators and ministers with responsibility for climate change from Wednesday 16th September, 2015 to Friday 18th September, 2015 in Saint Lucia.
The meeting which was requested by Prime Minister, Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony at the last meeting of CARICOM Heads in Barbados, is expected to achieve the following:
-Establish coherence among negotiators on the critical issues in the negotiations toward a new climate change agreement in Paris in December 2015;
-Apprise of the areas of convergence and divergence in the ongoing climate change negotiations; and
-Prepare Ministers for a meeting of the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) in New York on Thursday 24th September, 2015 which will take place on the eve of the Post 2015 Development Agenda Summit.
Saint Lucia holds lead responsibility for climate change and sustainable development within CARICOM.
More Environment Stories
- OECS, CARPHA strengthen partnership November 9, 2019
- Pointe Sables to get ‘coral reef enhancement’ October 11, 2019
- PM Chastanet leads Saint Lucia delegation to UN climate summit September 23, 2019
- Plastic recycling project launches in Saint Lucia August 9, 2019
- Saint Lucia to pilot waste recycling project July 5, 2019