Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A Jamaican national refused entry into Trinidad and Tobago upon his arrival at the Piarco International Airport, made a success escape into the country on Saturday.
He ran out of the airport and disappeared.
The Airports Authority says it was the responsibility of the airline that brought the escapee into the country to secure him.
The case is now one for the police service, says the Airport Authority.
In a statement, the Airports said ti wanted to clarify information on an incident involving an arriving international passenger.
“The Authority hereby confirms that a Jamaican national, who was refused entry into Trinidad and Tobago and awaiting a return flight to Jamaica, eluded Immigration and airline security officials and exited the airport.
The Authority advises that by law, persons who are refused entry by the Immigration Division become the responsibility of the airline. The Authority is not in a position to discuss security measures being put in place to prevent a recurrence of this situation. However such questions could be directed to the Immigration Division or the airline’s security”.
A Pakistani national refused entry also tried to run out of the airport two months ago. He was captured and deported.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019
- Trinidad’s Sat Maharaj passes away November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Family suspects swine flue in death of 3 year-old girl November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Man beaten to death with brick over cigarette refusal November 18, 2019
- Man shot dead at Curepe gyro stall November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Doctor fired for creating panic November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Media barred from funeral of Satnayaran Maharaj November 18, 2019