Share This On:
The Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) held the third leg of their Community 7s rugby tournament in Anse Ger, Desruisseaux on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Four teams took part in the competition, which saw Reela RFC taking first place with 15 points, Veterans (over 35) coming in second with 11 points, The Goons third with 7 points, and Belle Flair in fourth place with 3 points.
Veterans had won the second leg of the competition in La Clery.
Tyrese Samuels of Reela was voted the most valuable player for this round of the tournament, which started in September in Marigot.
Spectators at the Anse Ger Recreational Facility were also treated to dazzling bursts of speed from Vitus Jn Pierre of Veterans, as well as the play-of-the-day the dummy “basketball type pass” by the Goons’ Wayne Pantor.
The SLRFU is using the Community 7s tournament to spread the game of rugby throughout the island, and as preparation for the Barbados World Rugby 7s in December.
In 2018 the Saint Lucia women’s team placed third in the open division.
Saint Lucia’s next international completion will be on October 26, 2019, at a Rugby Americas North (RAN) 15s competition in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM