Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A young man who attempted to rob a non-national of her cell phone has been sentenced to six months in prison.
The young man, identified as Josiah Antoine aka “Red Ants”, was accused of grabbing a mobile telephone from the visitor last week Tuesday.
The incident occurred in the William Peter Boulevard.
He was pursued by brave citizens and eventually arrested and brought before the courts by City Police.
Antoine was remanded until April 10, 2019 when he was brought before the D-Court in Gros Islet.
In addition to the six-month jail term, Antoine was also fined EC$500 for possession of a dangerous weapon.
Mayor of Castries, His Worship Peterson D. Francis, has showered praise on the City Police in the aftermath of the phone-snatching incident.
The mayor said the City Police played a big role in getting the perpetrator convicted.
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019 7:19 AM
- Saint Lucia Forensic Lab working to build public confidence, says director November 19, 2019 4:31 AM
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM