Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A young man who attempted to rob a non-national of her cell phone has been sentenced to six months in prison.
The young man, identified as Josiah Antoine aka “Red Ants”, was accused of grabbing a mobile telephone from the visitor last week Tuesday.
The incident occurred in the William Peter Boulevard.
He was pursued by brave citizens and eventually arrested and brought before the courts by City Police.
Antoine was remanded until April 10, 2019 when he was brought before the D-Court in Gros Islet.
In addition to the six-month jail term, Antoine was also fined EC$500 for possession of a dangerous weapon.
Mayor of Castries, His Worship Peterson D. Francis, has showered praise on the City Police in the aftermath of the phone-snatching incident.
The mayor said the City Police played a big role in getting the perpetrator convicted.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff