Share This On:
(GIS) — The St. Jude Hospital Reconstruction project is well underway.
As of Oct. 28, over 300 tonnes of steel were being prepared and laid for the foundation of the project.
Approximately 60 construction workers are currently employed on the site and this number will increase significantly as work progresses.
The St. Jude Hospital Reconstruction Project will deliver a 90-bed facility that will cater for both inpatient and outpatient services.
The project will involve the construction of a new wing to incorporate all the functions and services of the existing east and surgical wings; integration through the retrofitting of some of the existing buildings to achieve a fully functioning hospital to match the services of a level 4 facility; and the revision of the internal layout of buildings to be integrated for functional efficacy and compliance to minimum standards.
The new wing will comprise inter-connected two-storey structures to be erected on the left-hand side of the entrance to the existing site.
More Health Stories
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020
- NCPD makes appeal to anyone in need of a wheelchair January 13, 2020
- SLBWA and partners welcome Kids Insight 2020 January 10, 2020
- Statement from Ministry of Health – Year of the Nurse and Midwife January 10, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s first newborns for 2020 receive hampers January 8, 2020
- 2020 marks the International Year of the nurse and midwife January 7, 2020
- Tribute to Dr. Merlene Fredericks-James January 6, 2020