Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – He could have gone to jail and become an unproductive citizen of his country and a hardened criminal at that, had it not been for the intervention of an influential citizen, Jacques Compton. This interjection would lead him to have his energies spent on theatre training and acting.
Leslie Nelson, better known as Ras Isley hails from the community of La Clery and has quite a story to tell and he does it through is poetry. Having been exposed to Rapso through his Trinidad connection, he has married poetry to the sound of the traditional drum and has created what he dubbed, “poe.tri.thm”.
Ras Isley who is known for his popular song “No Where to go” will be taking the stage as the featured poet in this month’s Ponm Damou Poetry Slam on April 27 at Keebee’s Sports Bar and Grill at Rodney Bay, Gros Islet from 7pm
Ponm DamouKreations who has held an annual Ponm Damou Poetry Slam for 7 years since 2009 has revamped its offering to a monthly poetry slam.
Ponm Damou Kreations underscores that the Ponm Damou Poetry Slam is more than just poetry. It gives a stage to all other aspects of the arts, including dance, music, singing, comedy, film and painting.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM