Share This On:
Organisers have said they were able to successfully stage the first ever Corinth Carnival, held on Wednesday, May 1.
Michael Gustave, director of Rampage Production, told St. Lucia News Online that the event “was all fun, colour, music and togetherness”.
Gustave said his team “successfully pulled off the first ever Corinth Carnival dubbed Freedom Mas”.
He said a large crowd from the community came out to support the event with many “wishing the organisers to continue this great venture — the carnival before all carnivals”.
The action started off with a parade of the band, from the field to TJs supermarket, and back to the Corinth playing field.
Describing the event, Gustave added: “There were live performances from various artistes and one of the new carnival bands …. Explosive Mas Band. The atmosphere was indeed carnival with costumes and t-shirts; not to forget the Ole Mas.”
Gustave and his Public Relations Officer Lili Elibox have promised to continue the event with the goal of making it one of the biggest community carnivals in the near future.
“We would like to thank the few sponsors who made this all possible: Brice and Company, Uptown Liquor, Rayneau, MBC, Richard Frederick Construction, Ice Factory, Blue Waters, SMJ Beverages, the police, and the entire support team, with a special thanks to the new chairman of the Gros Islet constituency branch Nicky. Hats off to you brother!” Gustave said.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools