Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – We are concerned, to date, a decision to release a young girl and her month old baby from jail has not been resolved, a young girl who has been a ward of the state from the age of ten (10), when the Department of Human Services & the Family Court deemed her mother unfit and placed her in foster care at the Transit Home, information received indicated she would be released on November 11th, 2016.
Last check revealed she was still incarcerated at the Bordelaise Correctional Facility a maximum security prison being physically abused by another female prisoner who is on remand for Murder.
We continue to call on the Government of Saint Lucia and Minister for Equity, Social Justice and Empowerment, Hon. Leonard Montoute, to conduct an urgent and independent investigation into the Department of Human Services, the Transit Home & the Boys Training Center, with a corresponding investigation into the information and documentation submitted to the Family Court by those Agencies, also an urgent investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of 4-year-old Milan Ferdinand of Grand Ravine, Dennery approximately one year ago while in foster care under the supervision of the Department of Human Services.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM