(PRESS RELEASE) — OutRight Action International is an international NGO which fights for human rights of LGBTIQ people everywhere.
OutRight works at the international, regional and national levels to research, document, defend, and advance human rights for LGBTIQ people around the world has awarded a grant to Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc and United & Strong Inc for a joint Caribbean project entitled “Frontline Alliance: Caribbean Partnerships Against Gender Based Violence”.
The aims of the project are as follows:
1. Carry out research to identify existing domestic violence legislation, processes and procedures;
2. Identify gaps in existing gender based violence legislation, processes and procedures;
3. Develop sensitive and respectful processes and procedures to provide services to victims of gender based violence;
4. Provide training to employees of agencies and individuals who provide services to victims of gender based violence;
5. Advocate for gender neutral legislation and improved services for victims of gender based violence;
The official launch of this project is scheduled for Thursday 9th, May 2019 at the Ministry of Social Justice, Conference Room, 4th Floor Greaham Louisy Administrative Building, Waterfront, Castries from 10:00 am.