Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc. calls on Hon. Mary Isaac, Minister of Health & Wellness to update the public on serious gaps in service delivery and absence of key medical personnel including an Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, at St. Jude’s Hospital.
We understand a number of women already in the advanced stages of labour are referred to Victoria Hospital without proper arrangement for their safe transfer which has resulted in infant mortality and major health complications for both mother and child.
We wish to remind Minister Isaac along with the Executive Director and Board of St. Jude’s Hospital, they are the custodians of the main institution which delivers health care services to the citizens of the south and there is need to normalize this very dangerous situation.
Over a prolonged period under their watch the public health system in the south seem to be operating without the necessary technical resources and endangering lives, Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia insists that the situation be remedied immediately, to preserve lives and calls on the Government of Saint Lucia to open Owen King EU Hospital and complete and open St. Jude’s Hospital as soon as possible.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools