Share This On:
(SNO) – A quarantine area has been identified for suspected cases of the coronavirus in Saint Lucia.
This is according to the Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association, although it did not give the location of the area.
“A quarantine area has been identified and prepared for any suspected case,” the association said in a statement. “Guidelines and updates have been disseminated to all members regarding said virus.”
It said intense training of health care staff is also ongoing.
“There is intense ongoing training of staff of health facilities, particularly those on the front line,” the association stated.
It said there are “many unknowns” about the novel coronavirus and urged Saint Lucians to avoid obtaining and spreading information from invalidated sources.
“In the interim we continue to urge you our fellow citizens, members of the general public to avoid garnering and disseminating information from invalidated sources and to obtain information only from credible sources; World Health Organization (WHO), Pan American Health organization (PAHO), the Department of Health officials including the Bureau of Health Education…” the statement said.
The association said that there has been no confirmation of the Novel Coronavirus in Saint Lucia.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM