Share This On:
(SNO) – A quarantine area has been identified for suspected cases of the coronavirus in Saint Lucia.
This is according to the Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association, although it did not give the location of the area.
“A quarantine area has been identified and prepared for any suspected case,” the association said in a statement. “Guidelines and updates have been disseminated to all members regarding said virus.”
It said intense training of health care staff is also ongoing.
“There is intense ongoing training of staff of health facilities, particularly those on the front line,” the association stated.
It said there are “many unknowns” about the novel coronavirus and urged Saint Lucians to avoid obtaining and spreading information from invalidated sources.
“In the interim we continue to urge you our fellow citizens, members of the general public to avoid garnering and disseminating information from invalidated sources and to obtain information only from credible sources; World Health Organization (WHO), Pan American Health organization (PAHO), the Department of Health officials including the Bureau of Health Education…” the statement said.
The association said that there has been no confirmation of the Novel Coronavirus in Saint Lucia.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM