Share This On:
(CMC) — A powerful 5.7 earthquake was felt in sections of Trinidad and Tobago and as far north as St Vincent and the Grenadines on Sunday.
The Seismic Research Centre at the University of the West Indies, St Augustine campus says the quake was felt around 11:00 am, approximately 68 kilometres northwest of Tobago and 84 kilometres southeast of Grenada.
The Seismic Research Centre centre says in the twin island republic the quake was felt in the towns of Arima, Carapichaima, El Dorado, San Juan, Barataria and Valsayn.
Elsewhere in the region, residents in St Vincent and Grenadines and Grenada reported feeling strong tremors.
So far there have been no reports of damage or injuries.
EARLIER REPORT BY SNO STAFF
The University of the West Indies (UWI) Seismic Research Centre has confirmed that an earthquake measuring 5.7 rocked Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 5.
There were no reports of damages.
According to the Centre, the quake was located at latitude 11.69 north and at longitude 61.08 west, from a depth of 10 kilometres.
It’s location at nearby citieis were:
68 km northwest of Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago
84 km southeast of St. George’s, Grenada
118 km north-northeast of Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
On the Centre’s Facebook page, most persons have reported feeling the quake in Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada, with a few reports coming out of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Several persons on Facebook profiles in St. Lucia claimed to have felt something also.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM