Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Department for Education, Innovation and Gender Relations wishes to inform school personnel, parents and the general public that the date for the reopening of school following the Christmas break is Monday, January 09, 2017 and not Wednesday January 04, 2017 as previously announced.
However, principals and teachers are required to utilize the period January 04 to 06, 2017 for planning and preparation for the Academic Term. It is highly recommended that activities such as Parent-Teacher Conferencing be held also during the period of January 04 to 06, 2017.
Meanwhile, the Minister for Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development, Hon. Dr. Gale Rigobert will meet with all principals on Thursday January 05, 2017 from 9:30am to 12pm.
The meeting will focus on current issues in education including safety and security, curriculum and instruction and school leadership. The venue for the meeting is the Finance Administrative Centre – Pointe Seraphin, Castries.
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM