Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – New York City-based Project Education announced that its eighth annual Breakfast for Education fundraiser, benefiting under-privileged children in Saint Lucia, will be held on Sunday, July 8th, 10:00 AM, at the Saint Lucia House, 438 East 49th Street in Brooklyn, New York.
The breakfast, which debuted in 2011 under the leadership of Jeremiah Hyacinth, raises funds for Project Education’s Backpack Program. Since its inception, this initiative has donated backpacks filled with school supplies to scores of children in Saint Lucia.
Hyacinth serves as Vice-Consul for the Consulate General of Saint Lucia in New York.
An array of sumptuous Saint Lucian and Caribbean dishes will be served, along with unlimited beverages. Featured will be a host of entertainers and musicians from all over the globe. The highlight of the event is the presentation of the Project Education Distinguished Community Service Awards. This prestigious honor is bestowed upon individuals who have shown themselves to be true leaders within the Saint Lucian community.
Those wishing to attend are advised to purchase their tickets early, as they sell out quickly. For more information about this year’s Breakfast for Education, or to reserve seats, please contact the organization directly, via email at [email protected], or at 917.539.1607.
More Youth/Education Stories
- Applications open for Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP) November 8, 2019
- Sir Ira Simmons, Bocage Secondary schools closed until Monday November 6, 2019
- Saint Lucia implements anti-violence project in primary schools November 5, 2019
- Saint Lucia hosts regional secondary schools drama festival November 5, 2019
- Three schools close early due to “inadequate teacher supervision” November 4, 2019
- Anti-violence campaigns for three Saint Lucian primary schools October 27, 2019