Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Saint Lucia is in a state of readiness as the Government and People anticipate the official visit of His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales. The youngest son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana is known more popularly as Prince Harry.
This will be the first visit to Saint Lucia by Prince Henry of Wales who is undertaking an official visit to the Caribbean on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, between 20th November and 4th December 2016.
On Tuesday, the Royal Visit Planning Committee headed by the Executive Chair Senator Dr. Adrian Augier held a media briefing at the studios of the Government Information Service to announce that every effort has been made to ensure that the Prince has a memorable stay on island.
Senator Augier stressed that the official programme planned for the visit will as much as possible include opportunities for national participation.
“The welcome ceremony for the Prince is at Pointe Seraphine Berth No. 2 on Thursday afternoon. Guests and media are expected to be there by 4:45 PM. Clearly there are a few procedures to go through in terms of security arrangements and we would like everything to be in place. That ceremony will comprise largely government officials as it is the Official Welcome by the state to the Prince”.
Dr. Augier indicated that there will be an area designated for the public to take in the function.
“Members of the Public who are interested in witnessing the ceremony would be able to come alongside the Pointe Seraphine Complex where the berths divide from the main Complex.”
For the benefit of the public, please note this location is near the Pyramid building. The docks will be opened for access and will be heavily manned by security.
Comprehensive coverage of the Royal Visit will be provided by the Government Information Service/National Television Network (NTN) including Live coverage of the Exhibition Cricket Match at the Daren Sammy Grounds on Friday from 9:15 AM, the Tree Planting ceremony at Pigeon Island National Landmark at 1:10 PM and the Street Festival in Soufriere from 4 PM. Intermittent updates will also be provided on the government website govt.lc and also on the Facebook Page www.facebook.com/saintluciagovernment.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM