Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – After playing host to a successful Kwéyól Lunch at the Official Residence of the Prime Minister in Vigie on Wednesday, October 27, 2016, Prime Minister Honourable Allen M. Chastanet is wishing all a safe Jounen Kweyol weekend, which begins today Friday, Vandwédi Kwéyól.
“I am very pleased with the great sense of cultural expression and diversity which comes to life at this time. I hope we all immerse ourselves and derive a deeper grasp of our identity as Saint Lucians. Let us do so in a safe, peaceful and responsible manner as we take part in the main celebrations for Kwéyól Heritage Month 2016.”
Jounen Kwéyól will be hosted in the communities of Gros Islet, Choiseul, Belle Vue –Vieux Fort and Jacmel under the theme: “Kitè Kwéyól la Maché”
The various communities will feature cultural strengths and their main forms of livelihood by way of exhibition themes such Fishing, Arts and Craft, Culture and Music.
- FRC reflects on contributions of late Caribbean cultural stalwarts
- Senator Belrose: “All In” Independence theme now a model in COVID-19 fight
- FRC postpones AGM due to coronavirus pandemic
- Cancellation of the 2020 FRC Saint Lucia Studies Conference
- Nobel Laureate Festival Celebrating Excellence: Vision 20/20 excels
- Walcott Open House
- Nobel Laureate Festival to launch, Wednesday
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day
- Valuing our heritage: Through the eyes of communities