Share This On:
Prime Minister Chastanet noted that the appointment of a Resident British Commissioner to Saint Lucia was reassuring and he officially welcomed Mr. Steve McCready to Saint Lucia during a courtesy call on Thursday March 23rd 2017.
Following the meeting Prime Minister Chastanet expressed condolences to the UK over the recent attacks on Parliament in London.
Mr. McCready thanked the Prime Minister for his words of support and condolence.
“It is very clear at a time like this to have friends on the international stage is very important to the UK,” stated Mr. McCready. “I am very grateful to the Prime Minister for his clear expression of support. That friendship means an awful lot to our country at this time. I would also like to express my condolences to the Prime Minister and the people of Saint Lucia for the tragic event that happened at Cul De Sac earlier this week. Our best wishes, our prayers and our support go to the victims of that event.”
The British Commissioner said he looks forward to working with “the Prime Minister and partners all across the country in the coming years to develop the strong and important relationship between the UK and Saint Lucia.”
- Integrity Commission extends declaration filing deadline to June 30
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home
- Stephenson King sought over outstanding labour matters
- Happy Mother’s Day
- Lisbon PR Awards presents its new jury members
- Over 500 Saint Lucian cruise workers “stuck abroad”: Fedee
- UPDATE: Eight Saint Lucian “Norwegian Spirit” employees return home
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia has started to bring home nationals; 8 arrived today!