Share This On:
The 24th Inter-Sessional Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) takes place in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, from February 18-19, 2013.
Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs, Planning and Social Security, Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, is expected to leave Saint Lucia on Saturday, February 16, 2013 to participate in the two-day meeting.
The Heads will deliberate and decide on matters relating to crime and security, the financial stability of the region as well as regional transport.
The prime minister will be accompanied by Hon. Alva Baptiste, Minister for External Affairs, Trade and Civil Aviation.
Hon. Philip J. Pierre, Minister for Infrastructure, Port Services and Transport will act as Prime Minister during Dr. Anthony’s absence.
The prime minister is expected back on island on Wednesday, February 20, 2013, to participate in activities to mark Saint Lucia’s 34th Anniversary of Independence.
More GIS News Stories
- Saint Lucia, CDEMA review National Shutdown Policy June 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia Carnival to officially open on Saturday May 24, 2019
- Soufriere Mini Stadium under redevelopment May 23, 2019
- Soil fertility mapping project progresses May 23, 2019
- New home for SALCC Department of Health Sciences May 12, 2019
- Health sector a key focus May 4, 2019