Share This On:
Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Development and Social Security, Planning and National Development, Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, will travel to Grenada to attend the 1st Special Meeting of the Monetary Council (2013) of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank on Monday, April 15, 2013.
The Council will deliberate on reports on fiscal policy in the currency union, financial sector stability and growth and competitiveness.
Financial stability has been a source of concern for all governments in the region, as it is a necessary precursor to sustainable growth.
During this special meeting, the Council will explore recommendations and make critical decisions aimed at reducing the levels of unemployment and poverty in the region.
Minister for Infrastructure, Port Services and Transport Philip J. Pierre will act as prime minister during Dr. Anthony’s absence.
Prime Minister Anthony is expected to return to Saint Lucia on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
More GIS News Stories
- Saint Lucia, CDEMA review National Shutdown Policy June 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia Carnival to officially open on Saturday May 24, 2019
- Soufriere Mini Stadium under redevelopment May 23, 2019
- Soil fertility mapping project progresses May 23, 2019
- New home for SALCC Department of Health Sciences May 12, 2019
- Health sector a key focus May 4, 2019