Share This On:
Prime Minister and Chairman of CARICOM, Honourable Dr. Kenny D. Anthony left island on Monday, December 17, 2012, to attend the 26th meeting of the Bureau of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Dr. Anthony is due to chair the Bureau Meeting.
Items for discussion and consideration include the reform process within the Community, matters related to the 24th inter-sessional meeting of the Conference to be held in Haiti early next year, as well as follow-up on decisions taken at the 23rdd meeting of the conference of Heads of Government held in Saint Lucia in July 2012.
The meeting will be held on December 19, 2012 at the National Palace, Champ de Mars, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Prime Minister, Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, is accompanied by Dr. June Soomer, Saint Lucia’s Ambassador to CARICOM and the OECS.
Prime Minister Anthony is due to demit the chairmanship of CARICOM on December 31, 2012.
Honourable Phillip J. Pierre, Minister for Infrastructure, Port Services and Transport, will act as Prime Minister, in his absence.
More GIS News Stories
- Caribbean School of Architecture visits February 20, 2020
- Government launches TSA February 20, 2020
- Police sensitivity training course ends February 20, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Special Education instructors attend National Training Seminar February 18, 2020
- Saint Lucia continues to strengthen vigilance February 18, 2020
- JICA assists Choiseul fishers February 17, 2020
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020