Share This On:
(GIS) – Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet has been speaking on new developments surrounding the Canelles/Honeymoon Beach Resort project.
Prime Minister Allen Chastanet said during his recent visit to Philadelphia, he witnessed the signing of the management contract between Galaxy and AM Resorts, a leading US tour operator and hotel chain.
The prime minister has described the signing as further progress on the Canelles/Honeymoon Beach Resort project.
“We are hoping that the plans can be finalized before the end of this year and that we can physically see construction and clearing on the site, so they are hoping to do a 350 room-hotel as well as 350 villas, on that development.”
Meanwhile, the prime minister also attended a press conference in Kentucky on the invitation of China Horse Club, where he was given an opportunity to address the gathering.
“I obviously congratulated Mr. Tao Ah King on his achievements, and also indicated that we were very proud of working with Mr. Teo Ah King on a development in Saint Lucia, which is the Pearl of the Caribbean; and in terms of what this means to Saint Lucia, obviously the ability to be there and be associated with China Horse Club and the ability to promote the Pearl of the Caribbean particularly the Horse Racing Track at the highest level of horse racing, is amazing. To give a number that I saw there, other than the 160,000 people in attendance, the single thing that impressed me the most was that there were over 700 corporate jets at the airport in Louisville. I have been to a lot of international events but I have never been at any event that would have drawn that number of corporate jets. So when we talk about this is the sport of kings, it’s because of the amount of money that’s involved.”
The prime minister said he is very excited about the announcement that Saint Lucia will be hosting its first major international horse race in February, 2018. The event, he added, will provide promotion for the island while at the same time attract some of the top investors in the sport.
The prime minister also expressed excitement that work on the race track was at an advanced stage, with major components earmarked for completion by the end of July this year.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM